If you’re into makeup or skincare, you’re definitely aware of the importance of serums in your daily regimen. A serum is a liquid containing active ingredients such as vitamins that you should apply after cleansing and before moisturizing. In contrast to moisturizers, serums are typically transparent, liquid-based, and thin. This allows them to deliver smaller molecules deep within the skin.
So, whether you’re looking for a hydrating serum to nourish dry skin or a way to get rid of acne, there’s something on this list for you.
- FURR Skin Illuminating (20% Vitamin C) Face Serum
- Dot & Key Glow Revealing Vitamin C Serum
- Plum Mandarin & Vitamin C Serum
- mamaearth 10% Vitamin C Essence Serum with Vitamin C and Gotu Kola
- WOW Skin Science Vitamin C Skin Clearing Serum
- The Derma Co 20% Vitamin C Serum
The secret to preserving a flawless, even, and radiant complexion is said to be vitamin C. Because of its antioxidant properties, it has been demonstrated to have anti-inflammatory effects. It can therefore lessen puffiness while calming your skin. The combination of reducing dark spots, redness, and inflammation results in a clean, smooth skin tone. Collagen is a protein that occurs naturally but depletes with time. Fine lines and wrinkles may result from low collagen levels. Through the process of collagen synthesis, vitamin C is widely known for increasing collagen synthesis.
- Dot & Key Water Drench Hydrating Hyaluronic Serum
- mamaearth Flowers of Youth Essence Serum with Hyaluronic Acid & Hibiscus
- Astaberry Professional Hyaluronic Acid
- The Ordinary Hyaluronic Acid
- Plum Bulgarian Rose & Hyaluronic Acid Serum
- Korean Cosmetic Purederm Pure Hyaluronic Acid Facial Serum
Hydration is the first step to having healthy skin. Hyaluronic acid moisturizes dry skin, giving it a nourished and healthy appearance. It also increases the skin’s elasticity, helping it stretch and flex to reduce fine lines and wrinkles. Among its numerous beneficial qualities is its proven ability to help wounds heal faster and reduce scarring. Whether you have flakey or greasy skin, hyaluronic acid is a godsend at maintaining the perfect moisture level.
- Earth Rhythm 2% Salicylic Acid Sebum Control Serum
- Chemist At Play Sebum And Blackhead Control Face Serum
- FURR Anti Acne Face Serum
- Suganda BHA Exfoliating Serum with 2% Salicylic Acid
- Dermae Acne Blemish Control Treatment Serum
- The Ordinary Salicylic Acid 2% Solution
Salicylic acid is effective if you have acne-prone skin. It is incredibly effective at assisting the skin’s natural process of exfoliation and reducing inflammation, redness, and irritability. This lessens the number of breakouts and accelerates recovery. Salicylic acid is the best treatment for oily, acne-prone skin since it penetrates pores and eliminates extra sebum and debris. Overall, its exfoliating qualities and oil production control help make the skin appear smoother and clearer.
- Plum Rice Water & Niacinamide Serum
- FURR Hydrating Face Serum (10% Niacinamide, 1% Hyaluronic Acid & Zinc)
- Earth Rhythm 10% Niacinamide, Ceramides Complex & Hyaluronic Acid Serum
- The Ordinary Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1%
- The Derma Co 10% Niacinamide Serum
- Secret Island Niacinamide Serum
Niacinamide protects skin cells from external challenges like sunlight, pollution, and pollutants while also assisting in cell growth. It helps create an even, uniform skin tone by reducing pigmentation and dark spots. It can also aid in the development of proteins in the skin and moisture-retention to avoid environmental damage. The anti-inflammatory properties of niacinamide help to lessen redness and irritation caused by eczema, acne, and other skin conditions. Additionally, niacinamide can help to control the amount of oil produced by the sebaceous glands and keep them from going into overdrive.
- Chemist at Play Anti-Aging Face Serum
- Plum Bakuchiol & Retinol Serum
- The Derma Co 0.1% Retinol Serum
- mamaearth Retinol Face Serum
- The Ordinary Retinol 0.2% in Squalane
- Secret Island Retinol Serum
Retinol promotes the proliferation of skin cells, clears clogged pores, and exfoliates your skin to promote the synthesis of collagen. This might make your skin look younger and suppler by reducing the visibility of fine lines and wrinkles. By preventing congested pores, retinol lessens acne. During the first few months of treatment, pimples may still appear. In fact, your skin may even appear worse during the “retinol purge” stage. However, if you keep up with it, your skin will become clearer. Just remember that retinol increases your skin’s sensitivity to sunlight. So, don’t forget to apply sunscreen and stay out of the sun as much as possible while using retinol products.
While extremely effective, all of these active ingredients can cause irritation to your skin if applied in excess or if you have any preexisting allergies. Always be sure to do a patch test before directly applying to your face and contact your dermatologist if you experience any discomfort.
Have fun experimenting with different serums and ingredients to tackle all your skincare woes and good luck working towards your dream skin. Happy Shopping!