Cooking together with your children can be a great way to bond and spend some quality family time together. Parenting in the kitchen while making yummy meals can strengthen your relationship with your child while creating beautiful memories. You can also utilize this time to listen, share, and chat.
Children’s skills and confidence are developed through practical cooking activities. They can learn how to follow directions, solve problems, and think quickly. Getting kids and teenagers interested in cooking is also one of the best ways to encourage them to develop and maintain healthier eating habits. Cooking teaches children about nutrition and the importance of eating healthily.
Something most kids love to eat is pasta! Spaghetti can be both a great source of energy and a fun, full meal for children. On top of that, it is extremely easy to prepare and can be ready to serve and show down on within a matter of minutes. Here is our quick and easy spaghetti napolitana recipe with ingredients you can find on Daraz!
- 500g dried spaghetti
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 onion, diced
- 800g crushed tomatoes
- 1/4 cup fresh basil
- Cook spaghetti in a large pot of salted boiling water.
- Meanwhile, prepare the sauce. Heat oil over medium high heat.
- Add garlic and cook until fragrant, then add the onion and cook until softened.
- Add tomatoes and 1/2 cup water, simmer 5 minutes.
- When pasta is ready, scoop out 1 cup of pasta cooking water, and drain pasta.
- Add pasta into sauce with 3/4 cup pasta water.
- Toss pasta for 1 – 2 minutes until sauce thickens.
- Use more pasta water if needed to loosen sauce.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Garnish with basil and serve with shredded/grated cheese.
The act of cooking can reduce stress and anxiety while increasing attentiveness. Cooking can not only lift your spirits, but the satisfaction it brings once you get a taste of your delicious creation also guarantee and immediate mood boost.
So, get cooking and happy shopping!